YCIF Mentorship - Pilot program
|Date:||Friday, April, 4th 2014|
|Time:||12:00am to 12:00am|
n/a, Montreal, QC n/a
Free for YCIF Members
Free for non-Members
Dear YCIF Members,
It’s our pleasure to announce the launch of the Pilot Mentorship program presented by the Montreal Chapter of YCIF. The aim of this program is to complement existing activities and strengthen ties between members by offering a more formal platform of exchange to share knowledge and experience within the organization.
This initiative was brought forth by participants of the Think Tanks. We are therefore confident that it will be a valuable resource for YCIF members.
Who is it for?
Ideal mentee candidates:
• Are university students or in the early stages of their career (less than 5 years of experience)
• Are keen and motivated individuals willing to invest time in gaining pertinent experience and perspective from a mentor.
*Please note that applicants need not be current members of YCIF, however membership is a requirement should they be selected to participate in the program.
Ideal mentor candidates:
• Are experienced professionals (3 to 10 years work );
• Are willing to share their insights with younger members of YCIF;
• Are able to commit time to regular meetings with a mentee (once a month);
• Are interested into expanding their network while discovering the perspective of a young professional working in finance.
The Committee agrees to match mentors and mentees with similar profiles while ensuring a minimum of 3 years of experience apart. It will provide passive support to the pairings to ensure that the mentor - mentee relationship continues to meet the respective objectives of the participants. In addition, the committee will hold an annual event in an effort to provide a retrospective on existing relationships mentor - mentee. Finally, it will try to match mentors to a professional senior level who may in turn act as a mentor.
How do I sign up?
To apply to the program, mentees and mentors are asked to fill the attached form and return it by replying to email@example.com no later than April 4th, 2014.